- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar ( kinda eyeballed this)
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate pieces (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mug of your choosing – I had a fairly large one, ensure there are no clumps.
- Place a chocolate bar in a ziplock bag, crush with a rolling pin then add to the mug.
- Add in the wet ingredients, combine but don’t over mix.
- Microwave for 90-120 seconds.
- After the first 60 seconds check on your cake in 30 second increments. 90 seconds was perfect for me; I prefer the ‘fudgy’ center.
- This was delicious with and without frosting; another alternative would be melted peanut butter.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening or vegan margarine or butter, softened
- 1-2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk
- I mixed the vegan butter a bit before adding the powdered sugar to avoid clumps then added the non-dairy milk until it reached my desired consistency.
*I labeled this as 1 serving but it was so decadent I shared it with my partner.